Events, resources, workgroups, reporting and more
COUNT ME 2020 EVENTS AND MEETINGS
COUNT ME 2020 WORKGROUPS
Group members self select, please join a workgroup!
Feel free to attend any of the working groups – we cannot do this work without you!
- Meeting dates and notes will be shared with the entire group.
All funded organizations have to participate in a workgroup.
UWSD is oversight for the workgroups, work plans, and final decisions on subcontracts.
Need more info: Strategic Outreach Plan: https://tiny.cc/countme2020
Other resources: http://www.countme2020.org/toolkits
- Count Me 2020 Coalition slides and meeting notes
Outreach Management: work with Strategic Planning committee to develop field outreach plan, oversee overall outreach plan implementation, review possible issues, troubleshoot, manage needs as per reporting schedule.
- Language Access Plan: develop and write language access plan, find translators into at least top 6 languages, research and provide language needs assessment, write culturally proper materials.
- Training Development (including train the trainer curriculum).
- Data Evaluation and Targeting: develop a data management plan, work with ACBO to help set up proper structures for reporting, work with data manager to collect data, connect with UWSD to report into SWORD.
- Technology: identify outreach tech needs – what collection system do we use, integrate with existing tech or propose new tech solutions, etc.
NRFU Plan for April-Aug 2020 Outreach.
Communications/Media: will develop comms plan, will design materials, hire/recommend consultants, collaborate with other Census comms efforts, develop press list and manage media outreach, work with field and tech to create/support Centers and Kiosks.
Experiments: focus on proposing creative methods of outreach, develop non-traditional support networks, work with outside creatives, and integrate with comms and tech.
Events/Location Based Outreach: work with all workgroups to plan and manage events, coordinate logistics, help design Centers and Kiosks, set-up volunteer/staff structure for staffing events and kiosks in the run-up to the count and in the follow-up.
Special focus on groups working in Imperial County.
- Members of this workgroup must have expertise in community outreach or grantee/partner evaluation.
- This workgroup will serve until the final selection of subcontractors and will then be dissolved.
- This workgroup will be limited up to 7 members.
- Members of this workgroup cannot be employees of US Census or CA Census.
- Members of this workgroup can serve as leads or partners on other workgroups.
- Members of this workgroup must have NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST – so members of this workgroup cannot be groups applying as direct HTC outreach subcontractors.
Subcontractor Evaluation and Selection Workgroup’s Role
- Evaluation: Subcontractor evaluation matrix construction, info collection.
- Review: poll/interview potential subcontractors, create profiles.
- Selection: propose final subcontractors to ACBO, determine and recommend funding levels.
REPORT CENSUS 2020 OUTREACH
Easily report any 2020 Census outreach work that you are doing.
Funded partners are required to report weekly on Mondays.
Capturing all the outreach that is being done in San Diego and Imperial Counties is crucial to reaching a full count, so we encourage any organization doing Census outreach to let us know what you are doing!
COUNT ME 2020 MATERIALS AND DOCS
Education & Outreach Materials by Specific Populations and Interest Areas
Black and African American
PANA (Partnership for the Advancement of New Americans)
For People with Disabilities
Toolkits and Informational Materials:
NALEO, CA Census, Get Out The Count, Etc.
CA Census - State Guidelines
If you are an organization, governing body, business, or funder, that wants to join the coalition, please send us a message. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.